Worrall Travel R's

Worrall Travel R's
Roz and Russ

Worrall Travel R's - Kicking the Bucket List

Friday, January 08, 2016

Argentina, we are on our way! Day 1



Early Morning Reflections, Friday January 8.

Last night before we went to bed, I thought I was done with the short list, the planning, the packing, the rearranging, and the all the little chores.  Focused on Antarctica, the cold rainy weather at home, and my need to wear some of my bulkier clothes on the plane to lighten up the duffle, It finally occurred to me that I might be a tad warm when we step off the plane at our first destination, Buenos Aires.  The temperature was in the high 80's yesterday and 61 percent humidity.  We will be arriving mid morning after nearly 22 hours of travel, and I'll be wearing my thermal pants, parka and rain jacket, and hiking boots.
Crikey!

So I woke with a start at 4:00 a.m. rethinking my packing and travel wardrobe.  Russ is still sleeping, and I'm breaking into a sweat.  Everything at this time of the morning seems magnified.  Planning for extreme temperatures and weather conditions on this adventure has been a challenge.  I am ready to just get on the plane and to stop thinking!  I know these pre-trip jitters are "normal" for me, and they will eventually subside.

Later in the Day.
4:00 p.m. Almost to Dallas Fort Worth where we will have a 4 hour layover and change planes for Buenos Aires.  It's 6:00 pm in Dallas.  Night lights of Dallas.

Our flight to South America will take us even farther east.  Buenos Aires is farther east than Maine.  I think the total time change for us will be 5  hours. After taking the red eye, we will be in Buenos Aires, tomorrow morning.

No mini-adventures so far, thank goodness.  We are getting ready to land, so I'm stowing the Ipad for now  and will update tomorrow from Buenos Aires.

Quick Update Before Sending:
While having a snack at the airport, a family came up to us and asked if we were going on a hiking trip.  Must have been the pants, the packs, the boots.  They too are on their way to Patagonia.  Jitters are being replaced with excitement.

All is well with the Worrall Travel R's




No comments:

Post a Comment