My mom, LaVerne, has late stage lung cancer and is currently bedridden in her Elk Grove apartment.
Russ has stayed with Worrall Wind as we do not know how long we will be separated. Worrall Wind will need to be sailed south back to Brisbane before the hurricane season. We are seriously considering listing WW and seeing if we get any bites. This wasn't a part of the master plan, but given our options of going around South Africa or through Pirate Alley to the Med, we are thinking this might be a viable option while the boat is still in prime cruising condition. Shipping the boat to the Med is still an option from Thailand if we continue our cruising and our pocket book can afford the expense ($65,000). We got a quote of $85,000 to ship the boat back to the US, ouch. While this is tempting, it also tempting to sell the boat in OZ and buy another boat (or not) wherever our next destination.
In the meantime Russ is getting the boat sale-ready. He and WW are still in Airlie Beach inside the Great Barrier Reef waiting for my return if it is before October. If not before October, he will be looking for crew to help sail the boat south. He would very much like to take the boat out and do more sailing around the Whitsunday Islands, but has promised not to solo sail.
If any of you vicarious or real salty sailors want to visit Russ and Worrall Wind for some cruising in the Whitsundays or are interested in crewing with Russ back to Brisbane, or are interested in buying Worrall Wind prior to being officially listed, please contact us. Check the Worrall Wind - Nauticat 44 Spec Page (left hand column of the blog) for specifications and additional photos when they are available.