Worrall Travel R's

Worrall Travel R's
Roz and Russ

Worrall Travel R's - Kicking the Bucket List

Monday, April 12, 2010

Worrall Wind Update -Day 6 - Marquesas Bound

Worrall Wind Update - Marquesas Bound
Day 6 - Monday - April 12, 2010
UTC/Local: 2400, 0700
Latitude: 16 52.9962 N
Longitude: 111 00.532 W
Conditions:
I had the late shift or I should say the first shift of the new day from 1:00-8:00 a.m. this morning. I think I must have been tired as I see I have posted two Saturdays. Day 5 should have been Sunday. Today is day 6 at sea. We were sailing wing on wing all night with great winds. We traveled 22 hours wing on wing and have sailed all of today as well. From midnight to midnight this morning until this evening we will have covered over 100 miles. The winds have been blowing 18-20 knots all day with lots of white caps and large swells coming from the North West. We changed course at dawn to sail up wind. It was so windy we needed to reef the main, but for a while we were heeled over doing almost 7 knots. Yippee! The seas is a little bumpy, but it feels good to be moving. The boys have renamed the Hydrovane from Hydro to Heidi. Heidi works hard, keeps us sailing in the right direction, and never complains. Garyn and Russ have been ecstatic today with the amps that our water turbin and solar panels have been producing.
I had a busy night last night and ran the batteries down checking the radar with boat traffic, fishing boats and sailing boats. Today I've spent a good portion of the day indoors catching up on lost sleep and reading. I'm reading a Dan Brown book (DiVinci Code author), called Deception Point. I'm enjoying it. Garyn has plowed through 3 of the 4 books he brought. Russ is reading Sex, Lies, and Spinnakers by Steve Van Slyke.
We've seen some boobies, flying fish, and jumping dolphins today. We had hot dogs, mac and cheese for dinner….comfort food. Russ is topside keeping watch. Garyn is taking a nap before his watch begins at 9:00. Me…..a pedicure if I can catch my toes in the bouncing boat, a shower, and a full night's rest. Ciao!
Thanks for the emails. We are enjoying them!
All is well on Worrall Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment