Worrall Travel R's

Worrall Travel R's
Roz and Russ

Worrall Travel R's - Kicking the Bucket List

Monday, April 25, 2016

From the Galapagos with Love - Part 2 - Delivered

Sunday, April 25, 2016 - From the Galapagos with Love!

We have been home now in California for twelve days, and yesterday afternoon we had the opportunity to make our delightful delivery of a postcard to "Mom" in Cameron Park from the Galapagos Islands.

You may recall from our April 5, 2016 From the Galapagos with Love, Part 1 , we picked up a post card from the informal "post office" on Floreana Island in the Galapagos, penned from a newlywed couple to "Mom" in Cameron Park.  It was dated April 1, 2016.




We had nothing to go by except for the recipients name and address, no phone number or email address.  Yesterday, after a great day of playing golf with my brother at Rancho Murieta, Russ and I made our way home to Colfax with a delivery stop in Cameron Park about 6:00 pm,  hoping to find "Mom" at home.  This delivery would arrive from the Galapagos 23 days after being "posted", faster than an actual "posted" delivery of postcards we made from Antarctica

We located the address.  A car was in the driveway.  I knocked on the door and "Mom" opened the door a bit warily.  Russ stayed in the car, primarily not to scare the recipient, as I looked less threatening as an unexpected visitor on the doorstep.  I identified my self and told her I was making a special delivery from the Galapagos Islands.

At first, I think she thought it was some sort of a scam, but was kind enough to listen to the story and then was as thrilled with delivery as if I were delivering a prize from Publishers Clearing House.  We had a nice little chat, exchanged email addresses, and a hug.  I know "Mom" was delighted and I was too!

Loved this experience of delivering and receiving random happiness!  Thank you Diane, Steven, and "Mom".

All is Well With the Worrall Travel R's at Home in California




http://worrallwind.blogspot.com/2016/04/more-sea-turtles-penguins-iguanas-sea.html

No comments:

Post a Comment